This week has been much better on bed rest since coming to the realization of what I posted last week. Although it does get hard to be locked up in the house and not be outside in the beautiful weather, dealing with the emotions of it all has been much easier. When I have been tempted to become upset about not being able to do something, I have been able to remind myself of the gospel and who I am in Christ instead of who I am in my own abilities.
Just the other night I found myself starting to get upset about something that I really wanted to be able to do - something that was important to me. Normally I would have very easily let myself become depressed and dwell on how worthless I felt at that moment, but instead I was able to offer up a quick prayer: “Lord, please help me to remember You and the cross. Help me to remember my worth is in You and not myself and my abilities. Please help me to focus on the fact that I have been saved by You and that is what really matters.” What an awesome moment! God does hear us when we cry out to Him and look to Him as our strength instead of ourselves.
I've also been really encouraged by Ephesians 1:3-14 -
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.”
God chose me and blessed me with every spiritual blessing – I don't need anything else. He saved me and His grace is abundant and amazing. He didn't choose me because of anything I did - He chose me for His purposes and His glory, and He is worthy of all praise!
No comments:
Post a Comment